Thursday, October 10, 2013

Day 10: Mitten Strings for God


"When I come to a stop myself, when I draw a circle of stillness around me, my children are drawn into that peaceful place. They visibly relax, as if my very calmness nourishes them. The impact of just a few minutes of quiet attention can be profound, changing the mood of an entire day, restoring equilibrium to a distressed child, and to a frazzled mother as well." p.24

Mitten Strings for God: reflections for mothers in a hurry by Katrina Kenison might possibly be the first parenting book I ever bought. I saw the author on Oprah talking about slowing down for her children and it really spoke to me, I bought it before I even had children, before I was anywhere near having children. It is a really sweet book, I think I might start reading it again, I never did finish it, my book marker from 10 years ago is still in it. I need to remember to slow down.

Today: Yay! A good day. We had Charlie's little friend over for the morning who's mother happens to be my friend, the friend that took Charlie yesterday. She works two mornings a week and we generally take E. Having two 3 year old boys to look after is actually less work most of the time than just having one. Today they played nicely, and then this afternoon we had a picnic at the local Apex park with a couple of other baby wearing mumma's to take a photo to celebrate International Baby Wearing Week.

Lets hope I can remember to slow down and hopefully start a roll of good days.

Mx

No comments:

Post a Comment